Good evening, dear friends
Ah, it has been some time since I last posted my recipes here and I thought you may like this one – I call it “Chinese Meat Patties”.
They are really easy to make and so delicious, you have got to try it. The meat patties are juicy, light and very flavourful, especially when dipped in some bottled sweet chili sauce and eaten with hot white rice. They will be a sure hit with young children, especially those with finicky appetites!
I always make a large batch of these and they are usually all finished in one sitting, with none leftover.
The ingredients are all versatile and there is no need for fixed measurements of anything. Use my recipe below as a rough guideline, okay?
All you need are some minced meat (like pork or chicken), minced prawns, eggs, green onions, coriander leaves, dried mushrooms, carrots…..and you are all set to go.
Yummy Chinese Meat Patties (serves 6)
500 gm minced pork or chicken or both
250 gm minced prawns
1 medium onion, 1/2 small carrot, some green onions, some coriander leaves, 3 soaked mushrooms – all chopped finely
5 to 6 eggs, beaten
2 heaping tbsp corn starch
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp white pepper
2 tbsp soy sauce
Salt to taste
Some oil to panfry patties
1) Put everything together in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. The mixture is supposed to berunny from the eggs…not dry and hold its shape like making hamburger patties.
2) Let stand for 1/2 hour (longer is better)
4) Heat up a non-stick pan at medium high fire with some oil to just coat the bottom
5) Drop in meat mixture with a small ladle or a Chinese soup spoon (the size of the patty is up to you)
6) When you notice that the edges of the patties are starting to turn whitish like in the picture above, it is time to flip them over gently.
7) Cook for another1 to 3 minutes until the patties are cooked through.
8 ) Tip – taste the first patty to see if there is enough salt…if too salty, add a little sugar to balance….if not salty enough, add salt or soy sauce
Voila! There you have it…yummy, really easy to cook, Chinese Meat Patties. See how your children or family members go at them … for children, dip the patties in some tomato ketchup.
With best wishes,