Good evening, dear friends :D
Today, I was looking for a book when I came upon my old Tung Shu book, also known as “The Ancient Chinese Almanac”.
As I have been collecting many articles over the years on signs and omens, I decided to post here on auspicious and interesting intepretations of dreams according to ancient Chinese beliefs and Indian Feng Shui for your interest. :wink:
I have separated the dreams interpretation into 2 parts – the first one is from the viewpoint of the Chinese Almanac based on beliefs that date back 3,000 years ago, while the second part is according to Indian Feng Shui or Vasthu Sastera, which is about 2,000 years old. :wink:
The Chinese dream interpretation is based on the writings of Chou Kung, the Duke of Chou, who was supposed to have lived c. 1020 BC, and he was reputed to have assisted in the compilation of the I Ching, one of the most ancient and mysterious of the divination books of China. The dream interpretations associated with him are well known and his name and its link has passed into the language in a number of ways. For example, a person who has been asleep will say that “he has gone to find Chou Kung,” a phrase that we commonly use to refer that we have been asleep and been dreaming! :lol:
Check out now the dream references below and see if you have had any of those LUCKY dreams there before. Have fun and Good Luck! :idea:
Lucky Dream interpretations according to auspicious 3,000 years old Chinese beliefs ===>
* If you dream of the sun or moon rising, then your family will be fine, prosperous, well educated and have important jobs.
* If you dream of thunder, then the Thunder God, named Lei Kung, is calling you and this means good fortune.
* If you dream of a rainbow, then good fortune will come to your family.
* If you dream of stars without any stars, then yet again, it means good fortune for you.
*Dreams of a star going slowly into a cloud means you will have a child.
* If you dream of the front of your house with bamboo trees growing healthily, then there will be continuous good news.
* Dreams of an orchard full of fruits means that your sons and grandsons are well and safe.
* Dreams of you standing under a tree means a nobleman will come to help you soon.
* If you dream of a new tomb and a coffin, it means that any worries that you have now will be over soon.
* If you see someone putting a body into a coffin in your dream, it means a windfall will come to you.
* Dreams of visiting a temple (I guess churches and mosques would apply these days, too!) will mean extraordinary good fortune.
* To dream of statues of Gods on an altar would mean very good fortune.
* To see a dead person rise out of the coffin in your dreams is good, for this means you will earn much money.
* To dream of a naked person means very good fortune.
* To dream of a sick person crying or laughing means their sickness is about to go.
* To dream of someone killing a pig is very good fortune.
* To dream that you or anyone kills a chicken, goose or duck means very good fortune.
* To dream of a snake biting you means lots of money.
* To dream of your belt falling off means all will be well.
* If any vehicle moves off, then all is well.
* To dream of picking up any money means good fortune.
* To dream of a boat going under a bridge means good fortune, as does seeing a lamp or candle lit.
* To see a needle or thread in a dream means everything is successful.
* To see a clear mirror means good fortune
* To dream of a hillfire means you will have a promotion.
* If you see the trees and grass growing well in your dream, then the family is happy.
* To dream of honouring your parents means great good fortune and prosperity.
* If you see clouds coming from all 4 directions in your dream, it means that your business will do very well.
Lucky interpretation of Dreams according to ancient 2,000 years old Indian Feng Shui/Vasthu Sastra ==>
Dreams of ….
* a hostile relationship with a friend indicates making new friends
* travelling overseas means prosperity
* two snakes fighting signals success
* catching a snake means success over enemies
* dancing in a dream indicates success
* death of a friend or a relative foretells auspicious news
* death of a wife is auspicious as it indicates birth of a child
* death of own self indicates success
* a coffin indicates unexpected pleasures
* obstacles indicate enhancement in work and business
* drizzles mean happiness
* an elephant means improvement in career or business
* fire means success
* house being destroyed in a fire means gaining of wealth
* jewellery and valuables mean unexpected wealth
* falling teeth means long life and better health
* murder means troubles averted
* failure in love means success
Here is wishing you many prosperous and auspicious dreams every night! :lol:
With best wishes,
P.S. If anyone has any meaning of dreams to share according to what they have heard from their elders, do share it here – I would love to hear from you, too! :idea: