Good evening, dear friends :D
It is very easy to cook a noodle dish – as long as you have any type of vegetables, meat, meat leftovers, prawns, fresh or dried noodles (like egg noodles, spaghetti, macaroni, rice vermicelli, flat rice noodles, kway teow…etc), you will be all set to go and your noodle dish will be ready in 30 to 40 minutes! Easy, huh?
My hubby was hungry during tea time yesterday and we didn’t feel like going out to buy some tea snacks, like curry puffs, and I thought of making a simple fried noodle with my leftover Siew Yoke.
Basically, there is no hard and fast rule about the perfect fried noodle and all you need to do is just put together your favourite ingredients. As you can see from the picture above, I have more greens in it than carbohydrates! :lol:
Here is the recipe to this noodles -
4 dried spinach egg noodles, cooked until soft in boiling water, drained and mixed with 2 tbsps of sesame oil or any fragrant fried shallot or fried garlic oil, and 2 tbsps of soy sauce (the noodles will not stick together and are flavoured evenly by the soy sauce already)
Some Siew Yoke/Roast Pork, sliced (if you are using raw meat, slice it thinly and marinate with some soy sauce and pepper and a dash of sesame oil)
2 sticks celery, sliced diagonally
3 leaves of cabbage, cut small
1/2 a carrot, julienned
some sugar peas
3 pips garlic, chopped
2 tbsps oyster sauce
salt & sugar to taste
dash of pepper
chopped green onions for garnishing
3 tbsps of oil
1/4 cup of hot water
1) Heat up oil in wok or a non-stick pan until smoking slightly. Add in the garlic and cook until golden.
2) Put in the meat and fry for about 2 minutes, until aromatic. Put in the rest of the vegetables and stirfry for about 3 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon of salt. Continue stirring.
3) Add in the noodles and stir for about 3 minutes or so, until the noodles are hot and sizzling.
4) Add in the oyster sauce, stir to mix evenly into noodles.
5) Pour in the 1/4 cup of water. This is to let the flavours all come together and to make you noodles moist at the same time. Stir noodles for another 2 minutes.
6) Taste a bit of your noodles and adjust seasonings according to your preference.
7) Garnish with chopped onions and serve with fresh chopped chili or some chili sauce.
There, it was easy, wasn’t it?
Bon Appetit! :D