Good Morning, dear friends😀
This dish is a great favourite among many and in my family because of the sweet and sour taste that whets one’s appetite. We will have extra helpings of rice whenever we savour this delicious, yummy dish.😉 There are sweet and sour pork (picture above) or chicken or fish, but the cooking method and the sauce are the same. Just change the meat. My friend’s Swedish boyfriend must have Sweet & Sour Pork almost on a daily basis whenever he is in KL! 😆
Sweet & Sour Fish (or Pork or Chicken)
* 500g whole Garoupa fish or Sea Bass – season lightly with salt and pepper; dust lightly with tapioca flour or corn starch. Set aside.
( Note – if using pork of chicken, 500g of meat to be cubed and marinated with 1 small egg, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 pepper and 3 tbsps corn starch. Set aside for at least 1 hour, but it tastes better the longer you marinate it. Set aside)
* 50g green capsicum, cut into cubes
* 1 red chilli, seeded and cut into cubes
* 1 tomato, cubed
* Some canned pineapple cubes
* 1 large onion – cut into cubes
* 1 cup cubed deseeded cucumber
* 2 cloves garlic, chopped
* 4 tbsp tomato sauce
* 2 tbsps white vinegar
* 2 tbsps soy sauce
* 1/2 cup pineapple syrup (from the can)
* 1 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, pepper
* 1/2 cup water
* Cornstarch & water for thickening sauce
* Spring onion/Green onion
* Chilli strips
* Coriander leaves
1) Deep fry meat in hot oil. Dish out, drain well and set aside in a serving dish.
2) Heat wok with oil, saute chopped garlic and cubed big onions for 2 minutes.
3) Add in sauce ingredients (except cornstarch) and bring to a boil.
4) Add in the rest of the ingredients A and simmer for 2 minutes. Thicken gravy with cornstarch.
5) Pour sauce over meat and garnish before serving.
There you have it – your very own home-cooked delicious Sweet & Sour Fish or Pork or Chicken. Serve this with steaming hot rice, and your favourite vegetable dish….. maybe even a soup. Oh, you can add more or less vinegar or tomato sauce dependind on your taste preference. And if you prefer boneless fish,, you can used cubed fish fillet.😉
Later I will post some nutritional soups recipes here.😀
Hearty Appetites to all,