Dear friends, 😀
In the Japanese cooking show on the Asian Food Channel -Dosanko Cooking, Mrs Sachiko Hoshizawa introduced a simple and nutritious recipe using summer vegetables which are braised for a short while, and are very appetising for a meal in the hot summer or on a hot day. 😉
Braised Summer Vegetables
* 1 zucchini
* 1 eggplant
* 1 large onion, peeled
* 1 bell pepper
* 1 cup canned tomatoes
* 3 pips garlic, chopped
* 3 tbsps soy sauce
* 1 tbsp Tabasco sauce (optional, can be replaced with local chili sauce, I guess)
1) Cut all summer vegetables (excluding garlic) into 1.5 cm pieces to ensure even and fast cooking.
2) Heat up a little bit of oil in a frying pan, and brown garlic.
3) Stirfry summer vegetables for about 2 minutes until aromatic, and then add in the canned tomatoes.
4) Cover pan and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes until all the flavours come together. You may like to add a bit more canned tomatoes if the vegetables dry up.
5) Add the soy sauce and Tabasco sauce. Serve with hot white rice.
Bon Appetit! 😀