Hi there, dear friends😀
Two years ago, I had written about using bleach and vinegar to get clean my washing machine in the post :-
However, since I started using the miracle homemade fruit enzymes (READ HERE on how to make your own enzymes at almost zero costs) for all my household cleaning purpose, my washing machine no longer has any bad smells and mildewy buildups. Because I also use enzyme to do my laundry daily, my washing machine is going to stay odour free and clean on the inside all the time.
For those who will be cleaning their front loading washing machine for the first time using homemade enzyme, here are the instructions :-
1) unplug the washing machine
2) remove everything on and around the washing machine
3) get ready the following items :-
- a small pail,
- 2 old face towels or rags,
- 2 to 4 cups of enzyme,
- scrub brush with a long handle,
- a roll of paper kitchen towels,
- a spray bottle filled with enzyme (use full concentration for tough cleaning, diluted with some water for milder jobs)
4) remove the detergent drawer. To remove caked mould and dirt effectively, soak it in some concentrated enzyme for the moment.
5) spray inside the area which holds the detergent drawer with undiluted enzyme
6) use a few pieces of paper kitchen towels to wipe off the yucky mess in the folds of the rubber ring at the door opening. Remove as much of the dirt as you can
7) dilute one cup of enzyme with 5 cups of water in the pail
8 ) wet the rag in the diluted enzyme and rub it all around the folds of the rubber ring. Rinse cloth and repeat again until as clean as possible. Pour away the pail of water that is now dirty
9) prepare another batch of cleaning solution in the pail, i.e. 1 cup of enzyme with 5 cups of water
10) wet another piece of rag in pail of diluted enzyme and wipe all the other surfaces of the washing machine, i.e. door, knobs, sides, top, etc…
11) use the long-handled brush to scrub at the area that holds the detergent drawer. If possible, do like I did – use a hose to spray some water at the same time you brush away the caked dirt there. If not, then just spray more enzyme or water while you remove the dirt. Flush or spray with water until that area is as clean as possible.
12) for the detergent drawer that has been soaking in the enzyme, use a brush to scrub away the grime there. If need be, use an old toothbrush to get at those hard to reach area. Rinse clean and put back the drawer back into the washing machine.
13) the final step of cleaning your washing machine is to put in 2 cups of enzyme into the detergent drawer, plug back in your washing machine and put it through a normal wash cycle (without any dirty laundry) with a temperature of 37 degrees Celcius or 98 degrees Fahrenheit. The enzymes work best at this temperature.💡
There you have it…your washing machine is now clean on the inside and the outside and even the water pipe outlets should be cleaned by the enzyme….and most important of all, there is no more smells and fungus and mildew there!😀
How to get your laundry really clean and good smelling ?
Answer :- Just add in a quarter cup of enzyme to the detergent!💡
I noticed that when enzyme is used together with laundry detergent, my laundry no longer smells funny. Even the fragrance of the fabric softener is enhanced. Somehow, the enzyme helps to remove the bacteria in the laundry – a good confirmation this is my laundry no longers smells mildewy even when we have no sun and it has been raining for 2 days. Previously, in this kind of environment, my clothes will smell a bit mouldy and I would have to re-wash them again. :roll:
For really dirty laundry, just soak it overnight in your washing machine (remember to add in 1/4 cup of enzyme), and continue the wash first thing the next morning! Voila! My towels are so white and fresh smelling these days!😀
Hope you can try the enzyme out yourselves to see how it will work for you. I bet you will be happy with your washing machine and doing laundry from now onwards!
With best wishes,