Good morning, dear friends 😀
Come weekends, I am usually unsure of what to cook for dinner as it is either an elaborate affair since everyone is home and can have dinner at the same time, or I don’t cook dinner and we eat out. Eating out can be costly if done too often and cooking lavish meals can be quite tiring as I would like to rest on weekends, too! 🙄
So, when the right mood hits me, I can cook a simple but yet delicious meal in a short time. For my family, they love Western food as we often have Chinese food during weekdays. Here are ideas that you can follow if you don’t know what to cook for your family 💡 (click on the names to get the recipes I had posted before) :-
A simple Garden Salad with a Lemon Juice-Olive Oil-Garlic Dressing drizzled over it
Yummy Easy Potato Salad (recipe below)
Celery Sticks with a Sour Cream Dip
Yummy, Easy Potato Salad Recipe
1 1/2 kg or 3 pounds potatoes – skins scrubbed clean
5 large hardboiled eggs, shelled
1 cup of chopped scallions or green onions
1 small red onion (peeled and chopped finely)
A little bit of finely chopped carrots for colour (optional)
1 tbsp of creamy mustard (I used the type for hot dogs)
4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Boil the potatoes whole in a pot of water for about 20 minutes or until they can be pierced easily with a knife or skewer.
2) Remove potatoes and run under cold water to cool down. Cut into chunks or cubes to your preferred size.
3) Mash hardboiled eggs
4) Mix in mustard, mayonnaise and chopped scallions/green onions
5) Season to taste
6) Add in the potatoes and mix thoroughly.
7) Refrigerate until serving time. This salad tastes better if prepared in advance, say at least one hour. 😉
Do have a wonderful weekend! 😀
With best wishes,