Added on 21 October, 2014 – many people reported that their cholesterol dropped very fast after taking Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth (DE) . My husband and I are taking DE for 3 weeks already and we will go for our scheduled blood tests next month. I will post our results at my post on :-
Nature’s Incredible Food Grade Amorphous Diatomaceous Earth (DE) That Is Good For Almost Anything >>> Hair Loss/Bald Spots, High Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, Arthritis/Joint Pains, Weight Loss, Reduce Junk Food/Sweets Cravings, Buttery Skin, Parasites/Worms/Bacteria/Toxin Removal In Gut & Regain Your Fountain Of Youth?
Hi there, dear friends 😀
When I make Crispy Roast Pork Belly , Juicy Lamb Chops , or cooked Festival Feasts for my family often throughout the years…and when age is catching up with me (I just turned 50 last week! 😆 ), it is inevitable that my cholesterol level would go up 🙄 .
I’m not sure if it’s due to perimenopause or something else, but I have been experiencing heart palpitations since the beginning of this year. My Chinese physician warned me that my cholesterol is high and I should watch my food intake. My Western doctor prescribed Remifemin to counter my menopausal symptoms, which include my increased heart rate.
I am not a regular coffee or tea drinker, so that couldn’t be the cause of my heart palpitations. Then I developed some morbid thoughts that led to me think that perhaps my arteries could be blocked or my blood is not flowing smoothly…and hence, the uncomfortable increased heartrate that comes and goes as if it has a mind of its own! 😆
Before I am forced to visit the doctor who would probably prescribe me some long term cholesterol medication like he did to my husband, I began to consider the natural options of lowering cholesterol and cleansing my blood to improve blood circulation. It was then that I remembered this Black Fungus or Wood Ears’ drink which is a super potent herbal remedy that can supposedly even clear blocked arteries! 💡
Heheh, if you have following my blog all these years, you would know that I am always game to try out home and natural remedies for health and so, I began being a guinea pig or lab rat for this Wood Ears or Black Fungus treatment! 😆
Wow, I haven’t been this excited over an amazingly simple and yet effective remedy for health since I tested and tried out the Tateshi Kazu Miracle Vegetable Soup, and the Natural Method For Removing Gallstones !
Today is Day 5 that I have been consuming the Wood Ears drink and I will post here in the comments box below my review and experience.
I first heard of this remedy a few years ago when a friend emailed me the recipe – I will copy that email at the bottom of this page for your information.
My lady healer friend, Yoong Cheh, also taught me to take this Wood Ears drink to counter high cholesterol and for blood cleansing. My friend’s family started drinking the Black Fungus regularly after her brother had a triple heart bypass surgery a few years ago. Recently, her brother has been given a clean bill of health by his cardiologist and his cholesterol level is down 😀
The recipe and method that I am posting here is adapted from those 3 versions I had learned above.
Ingredients (for 1 person or 2 cups)
(Please read Comment # 11 below for the original slow cooker version of this drink)
50 gm Black Fungus or Wood Ears (Mok Yee in Cantonese) – soaked in water until soft enough to be sliced thinly
2 Honey Dates
4 cups Water
1) Place sliced Wood Ears, Honey Dates and water into a small pot.
2) Bring ingredients to a boil. Skim off any foam or impurities that floats to the top.
3) Lower heat to smallest fire and simmer for 1 1/2 hours (1 hour if you don’t have the time).
4) Depending on your gas stove, this recipe should yield 2 cups of Wood Ears Drink – about 500 ml. If necessary, you can top up with half cup of water or more during simmering time.
5) Pour out the liquid into 2 cups.
6) In the same pot with the leftover Wood Ears, put in 2 cups or 500 ml water and bring to a boil again. Simmer for about 45 mins or water is reduced to 1 cup. This is known as the “second round” drink as we are boiling the Wood Ears and Honey Dates for a second time.
7) This recipe yields 2 cups plus 1 second round cup of Wood Ears Drink. Store in the fridge until time to consume.
How to Consume Wood Ears Drink
1) Drink 1 cup on an empty stomach right after you wake up in the morning. It is recommended have this drink warm, you can warm up drink on the stove or add a little hot water.
2) Do not have breakfast until 1 hour later.
3) Drink 1 cup of the “second round” drink on an empty stomach in the evening, 1 hour before dinner.
4) The following morning, drink the last cup again on an empty stomach before breakfast.
5) To clear blocked arteries, it is recommended that one drinks this for 40 days.
6) To reduce cholesterol levels, consume this over 10 days. However, for maintaining a healthy cholesterol level, one can drink this regularly like once a week or so.
* Tip – What I would do is have the drink first thing when I get out of bed….by the time I have washed up and got ready, it is just in time for breakfast. 💡
* Tip – I didn’t use red dates because my healer friend said I have a sensitive stomach and should avoid red dates to prevent bloating or gas buildup. She told me to use Honey Dates instead.
1) there is no adverse side effects as this is a very natural herbal drink.
2) however, on Day 3 or 4 after consuming this drink daily, one may feel very tired…but it is a good sign that the arteries are being cleansed or flushed and the blood circulation!
3) bowel movements may be increased with the stools being stinky on Day 1 and Day 2!
4) drink more water than usual to promote more excretion of toxins or cholesterol through stools or urine.
I will post my experience in the comments box below. 💡
Health Benefits of Black Fungus or Wood Ears or Mok Yee
1) this fungus can inhibit blood clotting and improved blood circulation. Heart attacks, strokes and blood vessels diseases are linked to blood clotting.
2) it lowers cholesterol
3) because it is cooling in nature and can improve blood circulation, it is used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) to treat haemorrhoids
4) it is also used in TCM to promote positive feelings and treat insecurity.
5) it is a rich source of vitamins B1, B2 and D, rich in vegetable fibre, iron and calcium
6) in China, it is often consumed by the elderly for its effectiveness in promoting youthfulness and long life
Because of its anti-clotting property, do not consume over a long period of time for fear of internal bleeding!
Do share your experience here if you do try out this natural remedy. I would love to hear from you.. I also hope this Black Fungus Drink will work for you as well! 😉
With best wishes for good health,
Black Fungus (Mok Yee) (黑木耳)~ treatment for high cholesterol (Reduction Blood Platelets )I want to share a secret for treating high cholesterol.Three weeks ago l went for a cholesterol check.To my surprise, it was above the normal range which should be less than 5.2 mmol/L.My reading obtained was 6.6 mmol/L. I had been consuming a lot of red meat and lamb recently.After consuming Black Fungus for two weeks, l had my cholesterol checked again and found that my cholesterol level fell to 4.70 mmol/L .My pharmacist said that even cholesterol medication will need 1- 3 months to takeeffect.She was very surprised and said it is a miracle.Review:I immediately followed an advice of a friend who told me about Black Fungus (黑木耳- Black Fungus).He had four block heart arteries, over 90 percent blocked. His cardiologist advised him to go for bypass surgery, failing which he would suffer an imminent heart attack.His sinseh (Chinese physician) friend advised him against surgery as the procedure would be messy, painful and expensive. He followed the advice of his sinseh friend by consuming Black Fungus daily.After consuming boiled Black Fungus juice for 40 days, he went for an angiogram. His heart specialist was surprised and shocked that his arteries were all cleared of any blockage and it would not be necessary to see him for another 10 years!My observation is that Black Fungus juice is not only effective in treating high blood cholesterol but also helps to bring relief to joint paints, arthritis and poor blood circulation.The internet information claims that Black Fungus reduces blood clot, preventing thrombosis, atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease and cancer.Black Fungus contains abundant protein, ferric, calcium, vitamin, rough fiber, thecontent of protein is equal to meat.黑木耳Black Fungus (Cloud Ears)(fresh and dried)枸杞 Chinese wolfberry (goji berry)
Preparation:1) Pick a hand full of Black Fungus and soak in water for 1-2hours2) Wash Black Fungus and cut to pieces with scissors.3) Pour five bowls of plain water into slow cooker (crock pot)4) Put 2-3 slices of 姜 ginger, 8-10 红枣 red dates, 20 枸杞(wolf berry) into crock pot.5) Bring to boil for 8 hours. One and a half bowls of Black Fungus juice remain after boiling overnight.Consumption:You may consume for 10 to 14 days according to the severity of the problem.For those with low blood pressure consume less or only for alternate days.Drink Black Fungus first thing in the morning with an ’empty stomach’..Consume at least one large bowl. Take breakfast 2 hours later.Side effects – you may feel a little tired after 3- 4 days.Consume multivitamins and fresh fruits and vegetables daily.Do not eat oily or fried foods during this period.Observation:Dark and oily stool during the first two days.Remarks:Cholesterol medication is chemical in nature and may harm the liver!Black Fungus is a plant and does not contain chemicals.