A fascinating article about fried pies…and I thought fried pies are unique but then I realised that I have been having McDonald’s fried apple pies all this while! Lol! Maybe our Malaysian curry chicken or sardine puffs can be classified as fried puffs, too….hmmmm 😀
Here are today’s five thing to know about Fried Pie:
- Fried pies are small fried dessert pastries, which have fruit fillings wrapped in the dough.
- Fried apple pies were first introduced in McDonald’s in 1968, originally fried in lard.
- New Hampshire fried pies(blue berry or blackberry flavored variations) were the favorite dessert of U.S. president Franklin Pierce.
- The two most popular flavors of fried pies in the deep South are apple and peach.
- Roadside stands in the South often refer to fried pies as “Crab Lanterns”
Today’s Pinterest Board : Fried Pies
Today’s Food History
- 1878 The first telephone was installed in the White House in Washington, D.C. Alexander Graham Bell installed it himself. Rutherford B. Hayes was president.
- 1885 Dr. Pepper is sold for the first time.
- 1886 Rex Stout, American crime writer was born. More than 70 of his novels and stories feature the fictional…
View original post 145 more words