Hi there, dear friends 😀
I have four bathrooms in my house and cleaning bathrooms is my second most-hated chore (the most hated one is ironing in this hot tropical weather) !
So, I was absolutely ecstatic when I recently found a new way to get my bathroom clean so easily.
Who wouldn’t want ….
- minimal time spent on getting a dirty bathroom clean?
- minimal scrubbing to get rid of the scum and mould?
- cheap, natural ingredients as bathroom cleaners? I find the toxic fumes from chemical cleaners make me sick.
- bathroom mould and scum automatically removed?
Most importantly, I find that my bathrooms somehow stay cleaner when I follow this method, because this natural cleaner breaks up grime and soap scum very easily.
For those of you that have maids, they will love cleaning bathrooms this way because it makes their job easier. Maids usually don’t do a good job cleaning bathrooms, and this method here will leave your bathrooms cleaner at their hands.
All you need are just 4 natural ingredients :-
- 1 cup White Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Tap Water
- 2 tbsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Dish Detergent
- Use a VERY LARGE stainless steel or glass mixing bowl, to prevent overflowing of mixture when it fizzes.
- Pour in the water first.
- Pour in the rest of the ingredients. The mixture will bubble up like crazy.
- Wait until the fizzing has stopped completely.
- Stir with a spoon to encourage further fizzing.
- When no further fizzing is generated, your homemade natural bathroom cleaner is ready for use.
- Pour the cleaner into a spray bottle.
- Adjust the nozzle on the spray bottle to a “fine mist” spray mode.
- Spray cleaner from top down starting with bathroom walls, shower curtains to bath tubs and toilet bowls.
- Make sure all surface areas to be cleaned are covered with the liquid cleaner.
- For mouldy tile grouting or thickened soap scum areas – squirt cleaner liberally.
- Leave the cleaner on to soak for at least 10 minutes (maximum 30 minutes.)
While the cleaner is doing its job for you, spray some into the sink and start your cleaning from there. Use a sponge (or scrubber if the dirt is too heavy) and the sink can be wiped down easily. Rinsed sink well with water.
Next, clean the toilet bowl and seat.
By the time you get to the shower stall or bathtub, the natural cleaner would have done its job. You can see that the whitish soap scum has gone, the taps are shiny, and most of the mould have gone. Rinse the area with water first and use a scrubber to get rid of any leftover mould.
Lastly, you can spray some natural cleaner onto the bathroom floor (floor is dry) and then rinse to clean with water, or mop well with water.
Voila! A clean bathroom in a jiffy and you have no aching arm muscles!
I was told by a Swedish friend that vinegar eats into the roots of the black mouldy areas and it won’t grow back. So, I adapted his vinegar method and came up with my own bathroom cleaner formula to try. I find that my bathrooms now stay cleaner longer and the mould hardly comes back.
My arms no longer hurt these days from a killer job of having to wash 4 bathrooms! Whooo…hooo!
So, do try this natural bathroom cleaner and my cleaning method out. If they work well for you, too, and your bathrooms are gleaming easily, do share with your friends!
With best wishes,