Hi there, dear friends 😀
Following requests from my earlier post, “Make Your Own Gold Superfood – Black Garlic That Has Health Magic“, here is Master atan’s Black Garlic Recipe. You will need to use an old rice cooker because the strong smell of garlic will stay in the pot!
Master atan’s Black Garlic Recipe
- Have some good looking garlic ready – about 40 bulbs. Do not wash them and do not remove the outer skin. Use a clean, dry kitchen towel to wipe garlic as clean as possible.
- Find a well ventilated location to place your rice cooker, like in the wet kitchen or in the backyard. The garlic smell will be really strong for the first three days.
- Cut two pieces of aluminium foil large enough to fit the bottom of the rice pot, and to cover the garlic at the top.
- Place one piece of aluminium foil at the bottom of the pot.
- Stack garlic layer by layer until the pot is 90% full.
- Cover the garlic completely with the other piece of aluminium foil.
- Close the rice cooker lid and switch it on, making sure that the “Keep Warm” function light is on. The rice cooker is kept on 24/7 for approximately 28 days (see further details below), depending on the rice cooker used.
- Every four days, open the rice cooker and rotate the garlic placement – the bottom half of the garlic goes to the top, and the top half of the garlic goes to the bottom.
Length of fermentation period depends on the type of rice cooker used
Master atan did not specify the duration that the garlic is kept warm in the rice cooker. He said that different rice cookers will require a certain period for the garlic to turn black. You will need to check on the garlic clove occasionally, probably by the second week onwards.
The black garlic that is shown in the picture above was made almost one year ago. Master atan said it took 50 days to ferment in his first batch of black garlic. I had kept it refrigerated and it still taste very good today, like a mix of prunes and balsamic vinegar.
For more information from Master atan, you can check out his posts at HIS DHEALING FORUM. You are also most welcome to ask him any questions that you may have there.
My black garlic testimonials
Since taking about three cloves of black garlic daily, I have noticed two health benefits :-
- I have a sprained upper left arm that have been giving me cramps and pain for the past few months – the pain is always there because I use that arm to mop my floors. Wow, since I took black garlic, I noticed that there is healing of my left arm and the pain is almost gone by 80% for the first time in many months. I have tried many types of massage and even tried Lajin. Only the black garlic worked.
I read a testimonial online by a lady who had some knee joint pain for the past 20 years, who also got healed from her knee pains when she took black garlic for a month.
- I was coming down with a cold that I caught from my eldest son two nights ago – I was sneezing a lot and had a bad runny nose. I took a second “dose” of 3 cloves of black garlic that night and took a tablet of mild antihistamine to stop my sneezing and went to bed. Yesterday, my cold/flu was gone! Just overnight! Wow!
I read someone who had flu coming ate half a bulb of garlic and I followed his tip and took a second dose of black garlic, which worked. Normal garlic is already very famous for boosting one’s body immune system…..so, the black garlic is even more powerful.
Master atan said that black garlic has 18 amino acids and can heal many health problems. Black garlic is also ten times more potent than fresh white garlic.
Hope you will be able to make some black garlic and enjoy its numerous health benefits as well. I will update here in the comments below on any additional health benefits I have from taking black garlic.
With best wishes for good health to you,